5 Best eBook Creation Software
People are engaged with eBooks more now than ever. Creating and publishing an eBook is a great way to reach a wider audience. Many writers are opting to write and create an eBook to make their dream of publishing a book come true.
Publishing an eBook can look like a tedious process, but in reality, it is not. There are numerous tools for both creating and converting eBooks that will make the process a lot easier for you. Since there is abundant eBook creating software available in the market, it might be tricky to make a choice. Here is a list of best eBook creator software that will help you make an informed choice.
1. iBooks Author
iBooks Author is an effective app that allows creating any eBooks or textbooks for iPad, iPhone, and Mac. It is available for free on Mac App store. The app allows you to work offline and also sell your books on iStore if it is approved.
- Add text and image with drag-and-drop ease.
- Provides beautiful templates for your book.
- Create multimedia content.
- Access multi-touch widgets.
- Built-in accessibility.
Calibre is an open source eBook platform that allows users not only to manage eBook collections but also to create, edit, and read eBooks. It has innovative features that can help the users build a personal eBook with ease.
- Supports many input file formats like DOCX, PDF, HTML, EPUB, AZW, and more.
- Inbuilt eBook cover creator.
- Available for Windows, Linux, and iOS.
Sigil is free eBook creator software that is helpful for beginners and expert writers. It helps you create your own eBook effortlessly and in less time.
- Supports EPUB2 format and limited support for EPUB3.
- Provides WYSIWYG editing.
- Add visuals and audios.
- Compatible with Linux, iOS, Windows, and Android.
Scrivener is advanced writing software for writers. It is perfect for authors write fiction, and screenplays. It was primarily created to finish complex projects like novels, research articles, and screenplays.
- Easy drag and drop option.
- Ability to export data to other platforms like iBooks and Kobo.
- Helps with plotting for fiction writers.
- Collection of exquisite templates.
5. SCRIBA eBook Maker
SCRIBA is Java based software that helps you create eBooks in EPUB, PDF or ZIP formats. It runs both in smartphones and desktops.
- Uses content already present in other formats (like HTML, PDF) to create eBooks.
- Written in Java and has command line interface.
- Supports plug-ins.
Creating eBooks can be an enjoyable process with any one of these softwares. Choose a suitable creator and start creating your book.